In episode 31 of Micro Entrepreneur: the magic of thinking small, I had a great time speaking with Sarah Arrow, founder of Sarkemedia.com, Birds On The Blog and the 30 Day Business Blogging Challenge.
This week’s guest
I love blogging, and over the years since I’ve started I’ve learned a tremendous amount, generated a heap of business and met some really fabulous and some really famous people including Tony Robbins and Martha Stewart. All through blogging.
One of my sites is syndicated by an international news conglomerate, Forbes have listed another as a best website (3 times) along with MSN and a fair few other places.
I’ve been on the radio, and in the newspapers talking on a variety of topics and all of this attention has come through blogging. If you have a business that needs leads and attention I’ll show you how to get it.
It’s not easy until you know how, and then you’ll wonder what took you so long!
What we covered in the show:
- Understanding ‘ordinary women in business’ who have more to do than just run their business
- How Sarah took ownership of the word ‘bird’ back and applied it to Birds On The Blog
- How to use blogging when you’re time poor
- How writing can be therapy and provide clarity about your business
- How to create influencer list posts – linking in and explaining why you should follow them
- How to create interview posts
- How to create ‘the crowd source’ post
- How bookmarks themselves can create traffic
- The ‘Oprah’ effect
- Collaborate rather than compete
- What we can write for our own audiences
- Writing off topic
- How often to inspire your audience and how to tie it back into your business
- When to use the holiday or seasonal post
- If you don’t like writing – use a podcast format or something that you do love doing!
- Blogging isn’t about us it’s about our clients
- 3 times a week would be ideal (M/W/F)
- How the 30 day challenge can help you
- What Mr Google is looking for
- How to outsource and delegate for valuable content
- The marketing sieve which leads to connection and transaction
- How to structure a post
You can find out more about Sarah here:
About the Podcast
The Micro Entrepreneur Podcast is your place to come and hear me talk about all things business for the micro business owner. I speak with experts, authors and other micro business owners and what they are doing to build and grow a successful micro business.
Subscribe to the podcast
For Apple users, you can click here to subscribe on iTunes
For Android and Windows users, you can click here to subscribe via Stitcher
Like the show? Please tell us on iTunes!
If you liked the show and found it valuable and you haven’t done so already I would really appreciate it if you took a minute to leave a quick rating or review of the podcast on iTunes by clicking on the link below! It will open up itunes on your computer and you can leave a rating by clicking on the ratings and reviews tab. It would be extremely helpful if you like the show! Click here to leave a review for the podcast! It will only take a second