One of the problems that every small business faces is how to recruit one or two people to help you grow your business when you don’t quite have the finances yet to support them.
The Home Training CIC is offering to pay an intern to work with you for 6 months with no obligation as part of the DWP Future Jobs Fund. It is a win for everyone as you as the small business owner get a free employee for 6 months and the intern gets a good solid work experience that will help them get a job in the future.
What does that mean? It means that you get free resource for your business and they pay for it for 6 months. Seriously! And what’s even better is that it is totally ethical. They are working with 18 – 24 year olds who are unemployed. The Home Training CIC will work with you through the recruitment process and help you find the right candidates (even doing the initial screening). They even offer mentoring to the potential applicants through the process and while they are working with you. There is no obligation after the 6 months as the programme is a way of dealing with the ‘no experience’ issue for these young people.
They have contracts all over London, Essex, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire, Yorkshire and Humber and North East of England.
This programme is for employers wishing to expand but reluctant to invest in salary and training costs without first proving the worth of the candidates, or where new opportunities exist that would not otherwise be cost-effective to entertain, this is an ideal solution. You start the process by identifying the jobs, we’ll do the rest.
Their FJF commitment to you includes:
- Understanding your job opportunities and matching to appropriate candidates
- Creating bespoke online training programmes to suit their work-related training needs
- Assisting you through pre-interview screening and with on-going support after recruitment.
- Providing all necessary documentation to make the whole process as easy as possible for you
- Providing ‘in-work’ mentors for candidates to make sure they stay on-track.
They will pay…
- candidate wages at National Minimum Wage for 25hrs per week for 26 weeks, and
- your employer’s National Insurance contributions for the candidate(s).
How to act
The programme is being managed by Bev Burden and you can contact her directly on 0844 888 764 or by email her at email@example.com and mention that you heard about it through Women Unlimited.
Don’t forget to come back here and tell us how you got on!