Feb 22, 2012. Full day workshop.
Your business needs to stand out in a crowded market and your brand needs credibility. One of the best ways to be remarkable is to have a book that outlines what you have to offer and delivers instant value to those who read it. Your book is a marketing tool that draws people into your business and can even become another stream of income.
For many people, writing a book is also a life goal so why not start the new year by taking a step towards that dream. With digital publishing techniques, you can even sell print and ebooks to the US and other overseas market as well as see your book on Amazon, the world’s biggest bookstore. It truly is a global publishing world these days.
This workshop is for people wanting to write and publish a non-fiction book that is related to their business ideas. It is presented by Joanna Penn, author of 3 non-fiction books and the Amazon bestselling thriller novel, Pentecost. Joanna’s site, www.TheCreativePenn.com was voted one of the Top 10 Blogs for Writers and helps people write, publish and market their books. She brings a wealth of knowledge and personal experience to this process. No hype, just information that works.
What you will learn:
- The complete process flow: How to get from idea to book and how long you can expect the process to take
- How to distill your notes, articles, audios and other material into a coherent book
- How to break through any blocks you have and finally write the book that’s inside you as well as dealing with the psychology of writing
- Step by step book creation: structure, first draft, rewriting and editing
- Physical book production: branding, title choice, book cover design, page layout and when to use professionals
- What print on demand publishing is and how it can change your life
- Why ebooks are the future and how you can publish on the Kindle, iPad, Nook and more
- How to sell your print and ebooks to the huge US market if you want to grow your business internationally
Why you should come to this workshop:
- If you want to finally get your book written and published in 2012, this workshop will give you the roadmap and knowledge to achieve your goal
- The tips and tricks on self-publishing through print on demand and ebooks will save you money, time and energy
- If you want to take advantage of the coming self-publishing and ebook boom in the UK that is already starting to occur in the US, this information will put you ahead of the pack.
About your Trainer
Joanna Penn is an Amazon bestselling author and professional speaker on writing, digital publishing and internet marketing. Her business, The Creative Penn, helps people write, publish and sell their books.
But don’t take our word for it!
Joanna Penn is an international speaker on writing, publishing and marketing. Here are some testimonials from her other events held in Australia and Bali.
“Joanna is an exceptional coach and presenter. She has a wealth of knowledge, expertise and tools, all of which she is willing to share. Her enthusiasm is inspirational, not to mention her awesome business sense. She is outstanding. The teachings and program have been extremely timely and relevant. From a quality and personal perspective, this retreat has been 10+!” Francesca Bonavita
“I attended Joanna’s seminar last month with a group of people ranging from those with complete drafts to those who still had no idea what to write their book about. Safe to say everyone walked out satisfied with the brilliant and inspiring content that Joanna delivered. And I’ve never seen an audience stay fully engaged for an entire day at a seminar before this one, so that says a lot about her presentation skills.”
Paul Cunningham, Blogging Teacher and author.
“I loved how practical the sessions were. They really changed the way I think about publishing. Joanna is in the business of turning dreams into reality. With her practical advice and extensive knowledge, you can’t go wrong.” Tammie Day, coach and author
“Joanna’s enthusiasm for her subject was inspiring and refreshing. She demonstrated a thorough and extensive knowledge of self-publishing and the digital world was exceptional. I also enjoyed the effort she took to get to know the participants and use that knowledge to make her talk relevant and interesting.” Susan Clarke
When: February 22, 2012
Time: 9.30am Registration for 10am start – 5pm, then informal drinks afterwards
Location: LMG Training, 15 Risborough Street, Southwark, SE1 0HG. Click here for the Google Map . Closest Tube, Southwark. 10 minute walk from Waterloo or London Bridge
If you are serious about being an author, there is a follow-up workshop to this one:
How to launch, market and sell your book.
There are millions of books and businesses in the world, how will yours stand out? Joanna will go through the details of book marketing, from how to prepare and execute a launch to ensuring ongoing sales. This includes book specific marketing around Amazon.com as well as how to use blogging and social media effectively for selling your books and products. Joanna’s novel has remained in the US and UK Kindle bestseller charts for 8 months after launch and she has sold over 14,000 copies as an independent author so all the information is based on personal experience. No hype, just information that works.
We are holding the follow up workshop on March 21st. Click here to find out more information about the How to launch, market and sell your own book workshop.